Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is CPS allowed to talk to your child and pull them out of…

Customer Question
Is CPS allowed to...

Is CPS allowed to talk to your child and pull them out of their class and into room in school

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

They talk to my daughter yesterday in Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No somebody said that the house wasn't clean they came it was clean and then she goes and talks to my daughter and now she's trying to make me and my mother take a drug test and all that was about with me clean and it is there's no case they're trying to build a case

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/15/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

Unfortunately, CPS in this country has an extraordinary amount of power. While arguments can be made that they cannot talk to a minor without parents consent, Courts will almost always find that they have the right to do that as part of their investigatory powers if there are reasonable grounds to think that there is a problem in the home.

Do you have a prior history with CPS that involves drugs?

Do you have further questions?

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney