Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In the New York State Unified Court System, Surrogate's

In the New York State...
In the New York State Unified Court System, Surrogate's Court, in a motion for Discovery and Inspection, are "interrogatories"
included therein -- or is that required to be its own separate motion?
3/16/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Michelle,Thank you for reaching out to me. Yes, I do still need help with my question.Ben Friedman
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here you separate them out.If you have say Request for Production of Documents and Interrogatories you separate them out here as separate documents sent to the other party.You do not need to file them with the court unless there is a dispute here.Same with motion for Discovery.They are separate requests.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ray, thank you.At present I am the duly appointed Estate Administrator, by the NYS Kings County Surrogate's Court, of my deceased aunt's Estate. Opposing Counsel for the Objectants has been violating the New York State Unified Court System, Part 1200 Rules of Professional Conduct, Rule 3.4 (also known as the New York Bar Association Rules of Professional Conduct, Rule 3.4). Therefore, I have asked for Discovery and Inspection here regarding his secretive collusion with my ancillary Israeli attorney who has been under contract with me for several years. Currently, the acting Surrogate has ordered both of us to complete all Discovery by June 30th, 2018. Opposing Counsel has been asking me to submit to a SCPA 2211 examination, without the advice of legal counsel (I am acting "pro se"). I am seeking several additional documents from him, and I additionally have some questions that I want to have him answer. Therefore, by summer, I expect he and I to return to court befor the judge. The judge has set a "discovery period." Therefore, he may have been using the term broadly to include completion of both exhibits and interrogatories. Nonetheless, if I require both, should I plan to submit them separately?Thank you.

Yes submit them separately.It there are objections or issues it is easier to deal with them separately.I wish you the best here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ray, thank you.Ben
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer