Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need a lawyer in the state of NC and in Robeson County…

I need a lawyer in...
I need a lawyer in the state of NC and in Robeson County
To file a lawsuit against the school system
3/15/2018
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

JustAnswer is not a law firm and the experts here can not represent you in court.

However, I can direct you to an excellent resource.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

My civil right was taken from my 6 year old at school his teacher interrogated him and caused him to lie...then DSS had came and removed my kids and the teachers interrogated him for abt 3 weeks

If the teacher intentionally made false statements of fact about you then

you may have a claim to assert for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.

If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:

1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;

2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;

3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence (the person knew the statements were false or exhibited a knowing and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the statements when making them); and,

4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that you retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in court for this matter. Also, any cease and desist letter will carry more impact on attorney letterhead.

If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

I’m been try for abt 4 weeks calling and trying to hire a lawyer

Try the Martindale link. It will give you a list of qualified attorneys in your area and you can call to find one you want to retain.

If you have spoken to numerous attorneys already, you may need to re-evaluate the merits of your claim. The practice of law is, at its essence, a business and, if you have a viable claim with substantial damages against a deep-pocket plaintiff, such as a school district, you would have to beat off the plaintiff's attorney with a stick.

Yea I understand all the attorneys around here says it’s a conflict of interest

Well, that must be frustrating. You just need to keep trying. Perhaps you may want to seek lawyers from another nearby county who would be less likely to have a conflict.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

Done that also even try in a different state

Try a sole practitioner. They are less likely to have conflicts.

Otherwise, you need to honestly re-evaluate.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I hate to see anyone spinning their wheels.

Ok tks

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer