Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

By daughter is essential homeless, and not employed. Her…

by daughter is essential homeless...
by daughter is essential homeless, and not employed. Her father is allowing to stay under his roof only for the fact that she is pregnant. Also she is not employed, She is willing to allow us to take care of the baby. we are only attempting to keep the baby from going into foster care. should we go through a formal adoption, just like when a pregnant woman wants to adopt the child at birth.by the way she has no idea where the possible father is living, also he has made absolutely no attempt to see her, attend dr visits or provide food or shelter for my daughter please let us know what forms we need, and make recommendations for an attorney,
3/15/2018
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

So the same as before holds true, particularly if there is the potential for an adoption. In fact, adoption may be the best thing for the child. However, the adoption process is more complicated than just filing out a set of forms.

If adoption is the desired route, an attorney is an absolute must. I can certainly provide you with several resources for locating an attorney, just to verify - Kentucky correct?

ky, Jefferson county is where the baby will be born. i (maternal grandmother) live in Corbin ky, this is where the child will be residing. at this point i am hoping that my daughter will go into treatment here in Corbin, Whitley County KY, this way if day treatment she can see the child in evening.

I would use the following resources to locate an attorney

Martindale.com

Lawyers.com

These are two sites where there are search engine that will allow you to search for attorneys in a specific area - Jefferson County, KY and for a particular area of law - Adoption.

As well, I would look at the resources on the Kentucky State Bar site here. You will see several buttons and one is a Lawyer Locator. Start here.

Again, proactive and have a plan in place. If you daughter will cooperate then it will be much easier and can be wrapped up with minimal issue. If the Father is not known/has not participated, then there is a mechanism to address this.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.

Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney