Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I recently got a new job in a pediatric dental office. I…

Customer Question
I recently got a...

I recently got a new job in a pediatric dental office . I worked 4 days and got fired the owner told me it was that I never disclosed my son was a dentist. My son is 38 yrs old , I'm going to be 57. My son works in dade county and I worked in broward. My soon is moving 2hrs away because he build a office north of here. At no time did the employer as me any questions.and no paper was given to me to require that information. In the past if when I provided the info I did not get the. I did not disclose it this time for that reason. My son is 38 and apparently he knows these dentist, I was aware. If I'm a adult should I have to disclose my grown children's occupations?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I asked the Dr what reason would I have to disclose my adult children's occupations . The son in question is no where close to this office the work in different counties. He told me he could not trust me because he said I was deceptive. No I have not discussed this with any other attorney. My girlfriend reccommended I investigate to file out if that is legal. I had another job other I would have taken if I knew this was a issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

What does at will me? I am not Union .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/15/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.