Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex made my son take pictures of his,room and send them to…

Customer Question
My ex made my...

My ex made my son take pictures of his,room and send them to her . Without my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

Is that legal ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Nevada

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/15/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Do the parents have joint custody?

It is not illegal (ie not statutory prohibition) for a parent to request a minor child to take and send pictures of their bedroom or the interior of their house; as a joint custodial parent the parent has a legal right to be aware of the child's surroundings and the child cannot assert a right of privacy as against a custodial parent.

However, if the other parent finds it intrusive they may request an injunction whereby the court orders a directive precluding the parent from making such requests; if it is violated the parent can be held in contempt (ie award of attorney fees, loss of visitation/custody, daily fines, etc).

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer