Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can dss in southcarolina make you take a drug test and if I…

Can dss in southcarolina...

Can dss in southcarolina make you take a drug test and if I say not what actions will be taken against me if any?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No we received an affidavit to appear in family court and didn't have the money for an attorney. we now have to respond

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

??? SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they make us take a drug test though they have no evidence to support y the allegations/ justr word of mouth

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in a relationship and have an 8 month old with her. she already has a 10 year old with her x husband which have been divorced since 2012. they went to litigation and settled on complete split custody which was put into order by a judge. a few weeks ago we went to get her 10y old and he denied us because he said he had an attorney and he didn't think it was safe in our home for her, he kept her on court approved days from my g/f. we called police and no help was offered.a few days went by and we came to her school to remove her and it was still her appointed days. we were served on a sunday before the hearing. We did noy have an attorney for emergency custody case. He knew we were broke because they had an agreement to split the tax money after he filed his taxes and claimed her. At the hearing We didnt get to present any evidence and they granted temp custody to the biological father. An attorney at litem was ordered. this also opened a case on my child to which now they say we have to take a drug test as well as present my child for inspection for child abuse. what rights do i have legally and what steps do i need to take legally to ensure the safety of my child? they only have the word of a 10 year old and my criminal past, can they legally use this to take custody of her child and start an investigation on mine? What are my rights and what are the next legal steps i need to take for myself, my child my g/f and her daughter. We also have evidence compiled on the x husband to why he shouldnt get custody and why a dss case shoukd be opened on him. And what rights do i have to persue cost we are loosing, from missed work filing papers, etc, possible attorneys fees, against the x husband? can you help??? there is so much more i can send documents if needed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they X husband are using allegations of arguing, drug us and my cfiminal record as allegations as to why he should get full custody. hes known about arguing, he had direct knowledge of my arrest records for 3 years, he has direct knowledge about arrest record of weed and intent for over a year and is using this against us now. how can he use ththis against us since he had direct knowledge of all of this for so long and continued to allow her to visit this home. can he be held accountable if we are?
3/15/2018
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

=

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

From reviewing your information, it appears that there is a private custody case where the father has pursued custody of his daughter. In addition to this, it appears DSS is involved and is requesting you do a drug test. To add to all of this, it appears that the father has a lot of his own issues, many of which would impact his ability to succeed with his custody claim and likely even would cause DSS to investigate him. Your first question is do you have to take the drug test? Is this correct?

Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir
Bruce Schreiber
Phone call session started

I was away from my computer but wanted to follow up with you to see if I could be of further assistance.

Sean K
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney