Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son pay child support for a child he gets no right to see…

Customer Question
My son pay child...

My son pay child support for a child he gets no right to see and thinks child may possibly not be he’s so we want to know how he can get a dna he pays to much and has other children can not afford living for he’s family

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your son taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?

She has gone thru attorney genial of in San Angelo tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No he was never married to this girl

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how can we go about getting a dna

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. TX has a way to help your son establish paternity properly so that way he can determine if he is the father of the child.

The Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP) is an administrative process that allows parents who are not married to each other to establish paternity for their child. When both the biological father and the mother sign the AOP form and it is filed with the Texas Vital Statistics Unit (VSU), it becomes a legal finding of paternity.

If the father cannot be at the hospital at the time of birth, the AOP can be done at the local county birth registrar's office, at a child support office, or any certified entity.

If your son clicks here, he can see a video to help him understand the process better.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer