Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to find an attorney to help me get custody of my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find an attorney to help me get custody of my children back and my parental rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

My children reside in Colorado and my parental rights were taken in Nebraska. I can’t find an attorney to help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Yes and he said that I was a victim of collateral damage

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes just that I need help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/15/2018
Family Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

How long ago were your Parental Rights terminated? By what Court?

Since 2010 by Furnas County Court in Beaver City , Nebraska

A TPR judgment entered in 2010 is not able to be appealed eight years later. If there is a new, pending CPS case where CPS is seeking to place the children, in some states they will consider a previously terminated parent if he or she can prove that they are currently fit as a parent.

Even though that I can prove that by TPR was done was violation of my parental rights and that I was concidered as collateral damage? As well as that there was no wrongful act done by me.
What can I do about this

I'm afraid eight years later not much. Appeals must be filed within the limited time allowed by the Court rules in the jurisdiction. If you believe there was judicial misconduct you can file a complaint with the Court System.

Not sure what you mean by "collateral damage" in this context.

In order to remove a child and or children from a family home there must be proof of imedate danger there was none , there must be proof of abuse and or neglect there was none , I have been fighting this thru every court since this happened and haven’t been able yet to get assistance of any kind. But I can also prove that at no time was I ever given a chance to parent my children due to the fact that I am a man and disabled veteran. This is what I was told. Everything I am saying I can prove
By collateral damage is when my ex wife had problems with drugs and alcohol and the court held me responsible for her actions,and that I am innocent of any wrongdoing. My kids and I are the victims of my ex wife and family lies in order to get my children taken away from me

i am afraid my answer is the same:

How can I do that and where?

Go here:

https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/administration/professional-ethics/judicial-discipline-ethics/how-file-judicial-complaint

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.