Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My childrens half sister wants visitation rights. She lives…

Customer Question
My childrens half sister...

My childrens half sister wants visitation rights. She lives in NJ we (the half siblings) are residents of MN.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is 19 years old.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Are you opposed to this and why, some more information ,please,thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She has never asked to see them. I prefer something less formal. Her father my husband passed away a year ago. She is sueing me for $400,000 because she feels entitled to it. I don't trust her and she causes me major anxiety. When her father was alive she did live with us. The kids where 4 and 1 years old when she moved out. They are currently 2 and 5 and haven't seen or really spoken to her in a year.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The law suit is taking place in the state of NJ. We just became residents of MN the end of february. We moved to MN the end of August.

I would oppose it all here.At worst a judge orders supervised visits if anything.Its one thing for her to come to your house or other neutral setting for short visit than anything off premises.I think if she files you have good arguments against anything other than once a month short time supervised visits. She can still sue you in NJ if you haven't been in MN six months assuming you were an NJ resident prior to that here.

I appreciate the chance to help you, so sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always sincerely ***** ***** me know if you have more.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer