Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My elderly mother and I have what I can only refer to as a…

Customer Question
My elderly mother and I...
My elderly mother and I have what I can only refer to as a strained relationship. Since I am an only child and because I do genuinely love and care for her, I feel obligated to see to her care. Unfortunately, she makes this very difficult, and in some cases, she scares the hell out of me. For example, I chose not to seek care from a home health nurse, because I was fearful that she would misconstrue details to make it look like I was neglecting or abusing her. She was living on my property until about six weeks ago, at which time she went to stay with her nephew. She has now begun texting me after refusing to talk to me for weeks. She is either not getting the attention she wants, or she just isn't going to be happy anywhere. So my question is - Are there attorneys that can be retained to advise on elderly care?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you? did you want a directory for finding local estate/elder law counsel or did you have something specific I can answer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I apologize if I wasn't clear. My question is what type of attorney would be able to advise me in this situation?

Elder law/estate law.

You can find local counsel on avvo.com.

If my reply is acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Ely, Counselor at Law