Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a cps case opened on me for lack of prenatal when my…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a cps case opened on me for lack of prenatal when my son was born 2015. I have reports and pictures I took of my sons neglect and abuse I w witnessed I reported it to my social worker. Who would tell me I was an over reacting mother he is light skinned thats why it looks like he has bruises on his eye / check. It took him to sustain a major head injury at 8months old,I received him for my visit with a bruised left if his face and bumped bruising back of his head, to pull him from the foster home witch was his paternal uncle n aunt home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

My question is why wasnt crimminal charges put on them for neglect child abuse and child endagerment?? Why do they not have any justice for my son? Social services dropped the ball on my son when I was trying to report the neglect abuse. How can I get justice for my son? This caused me a set back I was traumatised on how they didnt seek justice for my son now they want to adopt him out im appealing the adoption. I have custody of his younger brother who is 8months now I hD him june 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I live in Orange County California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My lawyer didn't want to bring it up my court hearings and he kept telling me that wasn't what we needed to takl about he was a public defender

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. Despite the evidence of abuse you indicate, the prosecutor has the discretion to not bring charges if in his opinion there isn't sufficient evidence. It is also possible that Social Services never reported it to the police or prosecutor. Did you? You certainly can go to the local police in the community where the foster home is to file a complaint. But there is no guarantee it will be acted upon.

I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist and represented children and parents in cps cases for 32 years. I agree with your Attorney that, despite how this situation may be upsetting to you, you should focus on fighting the termination of parental rights and adoption.

Do you have further questions?

Can I help you further?