Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a child with a woman who’s been lying to me for years…

I have a child with...
I have a child with a woman who’s been lying to me for years about everything, she has entrapped me to get her ways, physically, financially, using my unborn child as levy to get her ways, her actions through the whole pregnancy scare me to leave her alone with our daughter, and her actions around our child have spooked me envelopes more, I am confused about all of this, people involved in my life say I should apply for charges against her but I’m scared of retaliation what can I do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

If you are concerned about the safety of the child, you should report your concerns to Chiid Protective Services. But beware, if they get involved they will investigate you and your fitness as a parent as well. Do you live with her and the child?

Thank you for taking time to help, no I do not live with her and child at the moment

Well, if you have legitimate concerns you need to contact CPS. In fact, your failure to report a dangerous situation could be used against you if you were to seek custody.

Are there any current Court Orders regarding custody and visitation?.

There is a no contact order at the moment against me that I’m fighting as hard as I can.

As an alternative to reporting to CPS, you can file in Court for custody and use that case to present your concerns.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney
Ok thank you.

Best of luck.