Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What are the grounds to sanction the petitioner's attorney?

What are the grounds...

What are the grounds to sanction the petitioner's attorney? i am going through a divorce process and he objected the general magestree and has sent it to trial. i am representing prose, his attourney is making his defense i am mentally ill with out evidence. i have ptsd and am in therapy, i am not mentally ill and i have ptsd as a result from domestic violence in my marriage and with the petitioner

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed domestic abuse claims during this divorce process i documented abuse that happened in the marriage and over our seperation period prior to going to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is one minor child involved and i was told today by the judge at my hearing that she is not relevant to the divorce process. i have that on court record so information to understand a little more what a divorce is supposed to be about, i have done nothing and nothing has been found that i am any harm to the child other than his attourneys recent defense

3/13/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Normally sanctions are permitted where there is frivolous conduct or where lawyer misleads the court and pursues baseless claims.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very helpful, I have emails exchanged between him and I. Is this something that I present in the court room for my divorce or something seperate?
In court and judge may want a formal motion.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you answer another question relating to another matter?
If you can rate me please would be appreciated. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer