Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you deal with family law. Maryland. Not yet, i am trying…

Customer Question
Do you deal with...

Do you deal with family law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, i am trying to figure out how to proceed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
2 things I need to know. One can I take my ex to court even if its district court for help with college, he promised to pay and did here and there then nothing and will not return my calls. I have one son still in high school and can't get help with that either
I know I can do child support for that
He promised to pay child support for my one still in high school plus half of the insurance and car payment for him to drive. He has not, he made 2 payments and thats it. Then promised to help with college expenses.
Nothing in divorce papers because I trusted him. I want to know if i can take him to small claims court or something
You may pursue by motion.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
everything i have read so far says that in maryland you can't get child support for college, so i just want to make sure small claims is the way to go
Normally pursued in family court. Small claims court is more for debt collection and small personal injuries.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
ok, so how would i even file for that since hes in college
Family court. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”