RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Do you deal with family law. Maryland. Not yet, i am trying

Customer Question

Do you deal with family law
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, i am trying to figure out how to proceed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
what can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2 things I need to know. One can I take my ex to court even if its district court for help with college, he promised to pay and did here and there then nothing and will not return my calls. I have one son still in high school and can't get help with that either
I know I can do child support for that
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He promised to pay child support for my one still in high school plus half of the insurance and car payment for him to drive. He has not, he made 2 payments and thats it. Then promised to help with college expenses.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing in divorce papers because I trusted him. I want to know if i can take him to small claims court or something
You may pursue by motion.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
everything i have read so far says that in maryland you can't get child support for college, so i just want to make sure small claims is the way to go
Normally pursued in family court. Small claims court is more for debt collection and small personal injuries.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, so how would i even file for that since hes in college
Family court. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”