Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The property will be both of us an agreement until we sold…

Customer Question
The property will be...

The property will be both of us an agreement until we sold it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

This is uncontested divorce (dissolution of marriage)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The agreement is that she will received my half retirement pay (military retirement) until we sold the house. I am paying the house right now and she is not getting the half of my retirement after we sold the house in the future

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

ok, thank you for describing that, but I'm not quite sure what specific questions you had regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To whom should this property be awarded
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s the
Questions

I'm a little short on some details here. Are you two married? Are you just business partners? Was this deal authorized by the court during a divorce?

Ely, Counselor at Law