Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a couple buys a house and it’s in the husbands name and…

Customer Question
If a couple buys...

If a couple buys a house and it’s in the husbands name and then he pays all the mortgage so the children can stay in the home and then he puts the deed and her name she lives in the house a couple years and the house almost goes in to foreclosure and she Doesn’t make the payments and in the meantime the husband gets custody of the shared children then she’s in contempt of court because I’m not making payments does he have a chance to put a lien or get the house back

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Doesn’t make the payments and in the meantime the husband gets custody of the shared children then she’s in contempt of court because I’m not making payments does he have a chance to put a lien or get the house back. This is in Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This is in Ohio! Yes And he has an appointment with the real estate lawyer tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And he has an appointment with the real estate lawyer tomorrow. No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.