Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do i apply for a residence order for my son to live with…

Customer Question
how do i apply for...
how do i apply for a residence order for my son to live with me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can i revoke my contact order completely as it is very out of date. it was made in may 2011 and states that i can have contact with my 3 children for 1 day every 4 weeks supervised by my parents. my oldest son and my parents were to have contact every 2 weeks for 1 day not supervised. the situation back then was i was still in hospital in a spinal unit after breaking my neck in a car crash that was 130 miles away from my children and they were a lot younger. my twin boy and girl were only 4yrs and my daughter was nearly 8yrs old. my oldest son was also living with my parents at that time but has moved in with me when he left his school in 2013. my ex partner had the younger 3 children living with him under a residency order. which is still in place but he has broken the contact order back in october 2013 and we have had no contact with the 3 children since then till he dumped my twin boy now aged 11yrs on my parents doorstep on 15th february this year. the social services have got involved and are saying they are sticking to the contact order and so are saying that they will call the police if my son comes to live with me. so i need to get rid of the contact order urgently. how can i do this? and do i need to put something else in its place?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do still need advice quite urgently.
i need to know if i can apply to revoke my contact order without putting anything in its place. and if i did would that stop me being able to see my children at all.
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. I am a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist.

You can not by yourself cancel or change a Court's Order.

You can at any time seek to modify an existing contact or custody/visitation order. You need to file papers in the Court where the order was entered seeking a modification.

The grounds for the granting of a modification generally are your ability to show a "substantial change of circumstances" from those that existed when the order was entered, and also that the proposed change is in the best interest of the children.

Do you have further questions?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I need to get it revoked all together but would that mean that I wouldn't be allowed to see my kids at all. or would it just remove any restrictions like having to be supervised which is what i want ??
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 29 days ago

You don't want to have it simply revoked with anything replacing it. That would leave you to the mercy of the father, who apparently has custody.

What you want is a MODIFICATION that expands your contact and removes the supervision.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney