Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What are acceptable, ideal or other good forms of evidence…

What are acceptable, ideal or...
What are acceptable, ideal or other good forms of evidence that a child has been living with you during the school year?
3/13/2018
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Who, or what, is requesting proof and for what purpose?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am a divorced father who has had my kids with me for school, despite my custody and visitation order stating joint legal and physical custody. The custody and visitation order states that my ex and I should make every effort to stay with 4 miles to make the order workable. My ex lives 14 miles away and the kids are also required to stay in the same school district. If there's a disagreement the order states the court would decide. The school district is also divided into five regions and my kids have always been attending school in Region five based on my home address. However, my ex is intending to transfer my son to a school in another region [2], and split up my kids. Therefore, I will have to file a show of cause later this week and thinking ahead, I will need to show that my kids have primarily been living with me since shortly after the actual divorce.
Thank you for the additional information.
To prove residency you can present school records, medical/pharmacy records, tax records, the adress provided in extra-curriculars, insurance, witness testimony, etc.
It is really a question of fact, as opposed to one of law.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have any further questions, and you have answered all of my questions. Thank you very much.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer
Loren, Lawyer