Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband is from Mexico and don't have a social security…

Customer Question
My husband is from...

My husband is from Mexico and don't have a social security number so how do I go about filling out this information

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I don't know where he is have not seen or heard from him in 7 years don't have anything together kids property nothing I just need to be divorced so I can go on with my life.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
Where's my answer I paid 4700 dollars for?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
please
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

Hello I will be happy to help you with your divorce question.

You can complete the divorce paperwork without providing your husband's social security number. If the facts are as you state, no children or property than there is a petition that you can file with the court to get divorced. You do have to provide notice to him of the divorce, but not knowing his address is not a problem either, as you can request constructive notice (usually giving notice in the newspaper or online).

Here is the link to the form and instructions.

http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/901b3.pdf

Here is a link to other court forms

http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/court-improvement/problem-solving-courts/family-courts/family-law-forms.stml#901

The firs link spells out step by step what you would need to do. If you have any question the court where you would file for the divorce would be able to assist you.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so is the only way experts are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

If you are satisfied with my responses to your questions, please accept the answer, and provide a rating (5 stars would be appreciated). It cost you nothing additionally to do so. The experts who answer your questions are independent contractors, and customer ratings are the only way we are compensated for our responses. Thanks, ***** ***** hope everything works out to your satisfaction.