Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I recieve this mail from the court in New York city I want…

Customer Question
Hello i recieve this mail...
Hello i recieve this mail from the court in New York city
I want to know if this case is closed ?
And if its close can i file in texas ? I ve been living here for a year and half
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I want to know if this case is closed ?
.

If the problems with the filing were not fixed by now, then yes, the court would have dismissed the case for the errors.

.

.

And yes, if you have lived in one county for at least 90 days, you can file in TX since you have been there 1.5 years...

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

Please take a moment to rate my service in the other question as that is the only way I am compensated for my work.

.

.

thanks

How much will you charge to help me file the divorce paper in texas ?
My ex wife and i agree on that we dont have kid and there is nothing share we just want to get the divorce done
Thanks you hoping for your reply

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need local counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

However an uncontested divorce is pretty easy for a non attorney to fill out the paperwork for that you can get from the court. Both sides just sign off agreeing to the divorce and that they have divided up any marital assets. Then the petition is filed with the court and a court hearing is set where both sides appear and the judge will grant the divorce petition.

.

http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/texas/start-your-texas-divorce-online-1101.shtml

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much