Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have to fill out a FL150 for a support hearing. I have not…

I have to fill out...
I have to fill out a FL150 for a support hearing. I have not been working - my unemployment ended several months ago. I have been living on savings and with the help of friends. Recently I decided to become a self-employed writing contractor my question is how do I complete the I&E to accurately reflect my income when technically I don't have an income yet, not paid for any services, etc. Please advise.
3/13/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Provide the information on your self-employment work on Item #7. Where it is asking for your Schedule C, provide an Attachment that explains that you just started the project after months of unemployment and thus there is no Schedule C to provide. Make sure to also attach your last statement of earnings from unemployment office if you were collecting unemployment benefits.

Complete the form as best you can.

Best wishes,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate your response. Won't the judge ask what I expect my wages to be or something to that effect?

Thank you for the information.

In self-employment there is no guaranteed salary or expectation of salary. So, if the Judge asks, you would honestly answer that you do not know because you just started and cannot estimate your salary.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! Your response has meant a lot to me.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.

Goodluck with the hearing,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law