Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I find a pro-bono lawyer?

Customer Question
How do I find a pro-bono lawyer?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 4 months ago
Layne Pecoff

I am a an attorney expert and a former District Attorney, and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not create an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I will be answering your question with the expectation that if you are satisfied with my answer, you will give a positive rating.

I can see that you just joined Just Answer, Welcome!

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys do not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If that works for you, let me know and we can proceed : )

I want to make sure I understand what you are asking:

How can you find a pro bono lawyer in Tennessee?

Let me know which parts I got right and fill me in on the other parts and we'll go from there. Thanks!

I need a asap divorce from a abusive relationship im on ssi and unable to pay for a lawyer he also doesn't work have no children and no assets can you please help me
Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 4 months ago

okay, I understand. Where exactly in Tennessee are you, so I can research and find you some referral options?

Cordova
Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks. Here is a number for a Legal Aid service in Cordova that specializes in Family Law cases like yours:

Memphis Area Legal Services
(901)(###) ###-####/strong>
22 N. Front St. 11th Floor
Memphis, TN 38103
Family, Consumer, Divorce and Elder

They may be able to take your case for free or for a reduced rate. Call them tomorrow morning and see if they can help.

If not, try this office:

Community Legal Center
(901)(###) ###-####/strong>*****br />Memphis, TN 38103
Civil Rights, Divorce, Elder and Immigration

I wish you all the best with sorting this out.

If I have answered your question and you are satisfied, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated.

You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please leave a positive rating at the top of your screen.

I wish you all the best with sorting this out!

Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi, do you have any follow up questions?

Family Lawyer: Layne Pecoff,
 replied 4 months ago

Please go ahead and rate so I can get credit for my time. It does not cost you anything to rate. Thank you!