Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do I qualify as head of household if my gf lives with me?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
you would qualify. That arrangement is within the rule.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you give me a more specific answer or how can I tell this to my tax prepare
Tax preparer would be familiar but if no one else is claiming the gf and she resides with you in your home that qualifies. She may confirm this as well. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I keep looking online and it seems as I don’t qualify as head of house hold as she is not a relative
If there is residence and dependence it is permitted.
Ely, Counselor at Law