Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
I have two questions about clauses in my divorce and what
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Juris Doctor
I have two questions about clauses in my divorce and what they mean... … read more
My sister is getting divorced in California. It is
Ray, Lawyer
My sister is getting divorced in California. It is acrimonious and the husband wants to have a final agreement/settlement before the end of the year. She is concerned that he is trying to take advanta… read more
If a judge signs a temporary order for spousal support in
JKEsq
JKEsq, Managing Firm Partner
If a judge signs a temporary order for spousal support in the next few weeks of 2018, but the divorce and final judgments aren't finalized until 2019, how will the new tax law regarding no deduction f… read more
I am submitting a Modification for child support and I was
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Doctoral Degree
I am submitting a Modification for child support and I was wondering how do I go about asking for an Ostler-Smith order in additional to the child support order? The non custodial parent has canceled … read more
Is there a TOP cap on the child support in NYS? Meaning, is
Ray, Lawyer
Is there a TOP cap on the child support in NYS? Meaning, is there an annual TOP cap of e.g. 100K that is paid as child support? … read more
I am an attorney living in CT and I am in the process of
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
I am an attorney living in CT and I am in the process of getting divorced. While I currently make a good income, over $350k (base salary $250k and cash bonus of $100k or more), I was unemployed for se… read more
Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Can you please give me a general guideline/rule of thumb to use when calculating alimony and child support in California? I realize that there are several variables, but I don't even know where to sta… read more
I need to have Family Lawyer help me fight a issue in duval
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I need to have Family Lawyer help me fight a issue in duval county, fl child support case. My ex and the mother of my 15 year old daugther put a fraudelent affividavent saying i owe her a substanial a… read more
I have a question about a Ostler table. If our judgment says
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
I have a question about a Smith Ostler table. If our judgment says husband is to pay quarterly S/O support based off the Smith Ostler table, does he use the percentage for each quarter? Or does he cum… read more
The law says that after the day of separation, any income or
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
The law says that after the day of separation, any income or debts is no longer community income/debt, each spouse is only responsible for their own debt, and no need to share any income. However, if … read more
TO MJD ( ONLY), this is sssppp. My child support result came
Law Educator, Esq., family lawyer
TO PAUL MJD ( ONLY) HI PAUL , this is sssppp. My child support result came yesterday. only $90 increased in child support. But still the order is not entered yet , on 13th December we have hearing for… read more
I have a question about Child support Code. I have attached
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
I have a question about Virginia Child support Code. I have attached a link of the Virginia calculator. Please enter these numbers, as the form has the math build in. Mother Gross Monthly Salary: $390… read more
For Seattle Scott, First and foremost, thank you for answering
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Private practice attorney
For Seattle Scott, First and foremost, thank you for answering my questions to date. Background: I've continually paid child support in amounts that have exceeded the "decreed" amount since 2000. In M… read more
Overpayment of Child Support - In Maricopa County Arizona I
max713
max713, Lawyer, Mediator, Partner, and COO
Overpayment of Child Support - In Maricopa County Arizona I pay support to my son's mother, we were never married or lived together. In July 2012, after a successful appeal, my child support was reduc… read more
Hi, my name isXXXXX make 27k a year and live in MA,
LegalEase101
LegalEase101, Attorney
Hi, my name isXXXXX make 27k a year and live in MA, I pay $350.00 a month for child support, my daughter is 13 yrs old and she is my only child. My ex wife wants to take me to court to make me pay mor… read more
In a divorce in New York, can I claim a percent of my husbands
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
In a divorce in New York, can I claim a percent of my husband's future bonus from his Wall Street job? While low in the last year or two, his bonus is typically several million dollars. Furthermore, h… read more
How can incorrect child support arrearages in Illinois be corrected? The
Michael J., Esq.
Michael J., Esq., family lawyer
How can incorrect child support arrearages in Illinois be corrected? The weekly child support I was ordered to pay in 1999 was based on an estimated future salary that was never achieved. To this day,… read more
My fiance has a consent custody order for his 9 year old daughter.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
My fiance has a consent custody order for his 9 year old daughter. The custody order states that he is to pay child support based on the NC Schedule B guidelines. He has done so since the custody orde… read more