Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in a Massachusetts divorce proceeding. On 2/21/2018 my…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a Massachusetts divorce proceeding. On 2/21/2018 my motion to compel a trust account was heard. The judge ordered my wife (defendant) to produce a schedule of beneficiaries within 7 days. My wife was the trustee of Basic Hope Realty during the marriage and never disclosed this to the court. Today (3/12/2018) my wife's attorney sends me an email explaining that my wife has diligently tried to locate the schedule of beneficiaries but has been unsuccessful. Opposing counsel said he will have a response by the end of this week. How should I proceed? What impact will this have on a property settlement? We were married on 9/29/2010 I filed for divorce on 2/10/2014. She has never lived with me and I purchased the home in 2005. We have three kids together and I have scheduled visitation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

7 day motion to compel documents - filed on 2/21/2018

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty following your narrative.

What are the issues now before the Court?

What is your ideal outcome?

What is the relevance of the trust beneficiaries to your case?

Why is your 2005 property that you purchased before the marriage an issue in the case?

Kindly clarify.

Kindly ask specific questions. Nevertheless, I cannot provide you legal advice because it would be a violation of the site's terms to do so. I can only provide general legal information based on specific questions asked.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my wife did not supply me with a court ordered document - her excuse was she could not locate it. How should I answer / respond to the opposing counsel?

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hopefully I am not getting charged for this
Ely, Counselor at Law