Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter's husband filed for an uncontested divorce while…

My daughter's husband filed...

My daughter's husband filed for an uncontested divorce while she is in a rehab facility. She doesn't have the money for an attorney as her cost for the rehab are already mounting up. She has to respond within 30 days to his filing. can she file her own paperwork just as he did or does she need to file a counter claim if there is such a thing ? She doesn't agree with what he filed.. .He is asking for sole custody of their child and wants her to pay child support. Any advice for her would be greatly appreciated.. She doesn't know what exactly to do..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He filed his paperwork in Feb... She has to respond by next week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that would be all of the details..

3/12/2018
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this;

basically the answer will either agree or disagree with the allegations set forth in the complaint; please see page 2, item 4 here:

https://www.georgialegalaid.org/files/6FCBD72D-B465-109D-9EC1-5A4F52A74EE9/attachments/AC9FB6DA-A313-4A2C-973A-30B278476A93/how-to-answer-a-divorce.pdf

Here is a sample answer:

https://www.fultoncourt.org/family/forms/P17-Answer-Counterclaim.pdf

Furthermore here is a petition to waive court fees:

https://www.georgialegalaid.org/resource/petition-to-proceed-in-forma-pauperis-in-magi

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer