Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question with regards to child custody agreements…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question with regards ***** ***** custody agreements and whether or not waiving supervised visitation for one evening would void the agreement entirely.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in the state of New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I haven't spoken to my lawyer yet about this specifically, but the ex is trying to convince me that her lawyer instructed her that was the case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so. thank you.

3/12/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Were supervised visits court ordered?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They were ordered supervised for the first six months, after that at the custodial parents discretion. It's been a year

Thank you. If the time for which they were required has passed and the Judge allowed the custodial parent to not require them and they agree to allow unsupervised visits, there would be some precedent for them not being required, moving forward. For them to go back and forth and require it and then allow them to be unsupervised, etc, could give the noncustodial parent a legal basis to go and modify visitation and simply ask that they not be supervised, since the parent has previously allowed it. If it is at the discretion of the custodial parent, they should decide based upon what they want going forward.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer