Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My case has been going on for years. He is a chronic job…

Customer Question
My case has been going...
My case has been going on for years. He is a chronic job hopper. I can get a few months payments and then he quits and moves. He disregards ***** ***** order. He is extremely violent and before we divorce he attacked me and my son and even bought a gun. I got away. So I don’t want to be near the guy. He is on felony probation for a 21-1453-b2B 8. He was arrested last year for domestic violence of his new wife. I am scared of him. I am not sure if probation will help me. I have talked to the district attorney to tell him if they did not put him in jail he would kill someone. I fear for his wife and their children. She called me last year after he hit her and she asked me what our marriage was like. I told her and hoped she would leave but she didn’t. It is sad. I have been chasing him with child support for years he is a person who does not follow rules or laws. So I am really fed up with the whole thing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

If you question is how to secure child support payment, then the most effective way to do that is though a wage garnishment. Obviously, he would have to be employed to do so, and you would need information on his employer, so the fact that he moves from job to job makes that more difficult. If you have not filed motions for contempt, you should continue to do so, so there is a record. As far as any violence, threats of violence, or situations where you or your child may be in danger, those matters should be taken very seriously. You should notify law enforcement immediately, and motion the court to modify any custody or visitation orders that are in effect.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so is the only way experts are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.

N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer