Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in a marriage where my husband does not give me any…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a marriage where my husband does not give me any money for the household or our child. There are also previous drug issues that I have been dealing with

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in new York state, I own an apartment that my daughter and I can move into in SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

His drug use in the past has been reported

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I take my daughter to SC

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
How can I see the answers to my questions
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is there a separation agreement or other order in place?
No.
Absent order you are free to leave the state. Where children are involved you should have agreement or court order before so relocatingmartindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Counsel can also address and negotiate support for both of you.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I left can he call the authorities on me
He would need to go to court. Authorities could get involved so not recommended.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”