Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How does an injunction work when filing for a divorce from…

Customer Question
How does an injunction...

How does an injunction work when filing for a divorce from husband we have been in business together for 43 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but the lawyer was not located in my county of Fayette in the state of Pennsylvania I live in Mt Pleasant, PA 15666 but the lawyer practiced in Westmoreland County and told me I would have to find a lawyer in my county

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. In this situation, what is the basis for the injunction?

i think he will try to hide money from cash transactions we have an equipment buy sell business construction

Thank you. An injunction would stop a party from doing something. In this case, you could/would file for one and ask the Judge to impose it, if you are filing for divorce and you believe his actions could result in additional harm or problems, while the divorce is pending. If this is your concern, you could ask for an injunction to be ordered, preventing him from accepting cash during this time and asking that everything be with check or credit card, so there is a paper trail.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!