Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can you please tell me if I can be changed with marriage…

Customer Question
Good day. Can you...

Good day. Can you please tell me if I can be changed with marriage fraud if my marriage was annulled over a year before charges was brought, and no I'm migration petition as an immidiate relative was field?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My marriage was annulled due to the bigamy

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In which regard?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just that . Thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
I don't believe it is a family law matter, more of a immigration and federal criminal law question. My marriage is annulled already by judge, but I have been accused of a marriage fraud on the marriage that wasn't valid in the first place. How is it possible? It doesn't make sense. How can it be considered" an attempt to evade immigration law " if marriage was not lawfully entered and no petition was submitted.
Is anybody there?
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; you stated you were accused of marriage fraud; which agency made this charge?

Did you still need assistance on the above?