Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I own a home and land it is paid for we are…

My husband and I...

My husband and I own a home and land it is paid for we are separated

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes does my husband still have rights to the property if he signs off the deed?

3/12/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

does my husband still have rights to the property if he signs off the deed?

.

No, if he signs off on a deed transferring the property to you, it becomes your sole and separate property and he no longer has any rights to it at all. When he gives up his ownership, he gives up all rights that come along with being an owner.

.

.

thanks

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

..

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer