Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex in the military serve me that he wants full custody.

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi Lawyer's...

Second opinion] Hi

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

My ex in the military serve me that he wants full custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you overseas or stateside?

I'm the custodial parent at the time. Can he do that?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

I'm not in the army he is

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My daughter is not in danger for him wanting to interrupt my custody

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/13/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Can he state that he wants full custody? Certainly. Can he get it? That's a whole other issue... He would need to prove that it would be in the BEST INTERESTS of the child for there to be a change in custody.

Can I answer anything for you?

Ely, Counselor at Law