Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I took my kids to the er because of alleged abuse the cops…

Customer Question
I took my kids...

I took my kids to the er because of alleged sexual abuse the cops showed up not cps they interviewed my daughter at Sarah’s house and took me back to the dhs interviewed and took them away because I am an I’v meth user they stopped the investigation about sexual abuse and put my kids in placement so i could do a safety plan

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My question is can I give custody to my sister who lives in another state so they don’t go to state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went to the hospital they wrote my info down took pics of arms legs back but not under I had to ask them to look at my sons bottom

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/12/2018
Family Lawyer: N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
N.Brown ESQ
N.Brown ESQ, Lawyer

they will take your considerations into account but they have the final say as to who the child is placed with. The good news is that family members are given priority when it comes to who else the child can be placed with, but the final determination will be what's in the child's best interest. Depending on the situation with your sister (how stable her home life is, whether she has any complaints against her) will determine whether the children can be placed with her. If she is willing she should contact your caseworker and express her desire to have the children be placed with her.

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to discuss. I would be happy to continue this conversation. If so just reply to this response. If you are satisfied with this response, please Accept the answer and provide a rating. Doing so is the only way experts are compensated for the time reviewing and responding to questions as we are not employees of the site. You may also get a request for a telephone call, but that is from the site and not the experts. I hope your legal issue works out to your satisfaction.