Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I go about filing in the court for the issue we spoke…

How do I go about...
How do I go about filing in the court for the issue we spoke of earlier. The issue of medical with my daughters. Do you have out conversation still?
3/12/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer

I do not have the conversation - can you please refresh my memory

My x is taking my daughter with Down syndrome to a doctor that we fired (this is to get under my skin as he suffers with narcissistic personality disorder). We have joint custody. We are in a current custody battle. Medical is joint decision as is school and all other life decisions. You said I could file with the court on my own while I wait for new legal aide lawyer which could take a couple of months. I am not sure how to go about filing or if you advise I wait for my lawyer? He is doing this to show me that he is the boss regardless of the court, so I really need to do the right thing for my daughter and I am scared.

Thank you so much for the information - you can file an emergency motion in the clerks office of your local courthouse or you may be able to file online depending on your jurisdiction.

DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer