Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help with my money. What does a financial planner do…

I need help with my...
I need help with my money. What does a financial planner do for me. Do they take my money and give some back to me each month? What about a budget person. I have a head injury and don't keep track of my money well. I don't have family that can help me. I live in a small town. Where do I find help? I retire in 1.5 years and will lose $400 a month. I get $33,000 / mo before taxes. I am on disability now. Any ideas?
3/11/2018
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
A financial planner typically recommends and handles investments. It may be set up so that income is produced and paid monthly. Such as dividend paying stocks or annuities.
Your local banker may have a recommendation.It is also possible to form an irrevocable trust with interest and income to be distributed by the trustee as needed (ie the trustee may be a family, friend or even a bank official or attorney ).
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer