Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

On the child support deviate question, my wife and I have…

Customer Question
On the child support...

On the child support deviate question, my wife and I have agreed to pay half of everything, daycare, medical insurance, essentials(clothes, shoes, etc.) there doesn't seem to be anyway to incorporate that into this form. It only asks for a deviate amount, my problem is my youngest child wont be in daycare forever, how can i change this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, were trying to do this online.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
When the changed circumstances occur the parties can file a request for modification to remove the child care add on expense.
That form is herehttp://www.harriscountylawlibrary.org/modification-agreedAnd page 14 addresses child support.
there is no way to file this agreement from the beginning? She is cooperative at the moment, however in one year I cant be so sure.
One can stipulate to the terms of child support and include a provision that should day care no longer be needed then payments for that will automatically be no longer enforceable.The court would typically agree to that as there is no point for paying for an unincurred expense. It would be a windfall to the recipient parent.
OK, where would i stipulate this provision, i did not see a provision on the website I'm using pertaining to child support. It basically just asks for a deviation amount.
A stipulation is a form and may be custom drafted. I am not sure which website you are using. Custom language can be added with the desired wording.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.