Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am in the process of getting divorced. Almost a year ago I…

Customer Question
I am in the...

I am in the process of getting divorced. Almost a year ago I submitted my paperwork to the court and did my ordered parenting class. My husband is refusing to sign or do his classes. I'd like to not be married anymore and move on, what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Motion the court to compel his attendance or otherwise hold him in contempt.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
A motion for a trial would be better than filing default?
In my paperwork it says in a case with minor children if he hasn't done his parenting class or if I filed joint decision making a default hearing will not be set. Does this mean I can't go this route and have to go to trial?
I would file a motion or otherwise alert the court so you have a default decision.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!