Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband was arrested for back child support. We live in…

My husband was arrested...

My husband was arrested for back child support. We live in FL but they want to extradite him to NV. I have since made a payment agreement with the ex wife and she is calling the courts. How can I get my husband out of jail?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Last I knew his ex was waiting for return phone calls but that’s about it right now

3/11/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here you are going to have to contact the court clerk on Monday and see what judge is assigned.You can talk to the clerk here and see if you can resolve this by bringing the agreement.The judge will set the matter for hearing here and hopefully he will be released.I think it is going to be Monday here before courthouse opens and you can get him out.

I know this is frustrating but you may not be able to spring him until Monday.They will need to verify with Nevada the matter has been resolved here.Stay after them , this will resolve but its likely going to be Monday before it does.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Great ~ I will do that! Just needed some guidance. Thank you so much.