Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What should one do if someone sends an email referencing a…

What should one do if...
What should one do if someone sends an email referencing a conversation that never took place ?i.e. "per our discussion"Is it advisable to have to people who do not get along in the same room discussing anything (there is a pending court case?*.."
3/11/2018
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If someone is claiming there was a discussion and trying to claim something was said, you can certainly dispute it and respond, that no such conversation took place. You certainly do not want to respond and agree with this statement and should make it clear, that what they are stating is not in fact true. Now, as far as having these people in the same room, there is nothing wrong with trying to settle a case BUT if they do not get along and there is a chance for issues r problems to arise, the parties should communicate through their attorneys or at mediation and not alone, if there could be issues.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The parties are not alone in the room. Another professional is. Does your recommendation remain the same?

I think if a neutral third party is present or if the parties are represented by attorneys, it is fine. I do not think that there is anything wrong with them being in the same room and trying to discuss this but you shared that they " do not get along", so I was unsure if that could escalate into any type of violence.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer