Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I have been separated for 2-3 years she is

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have been separated for 2-3 years she is currently in a relationship with another man I do not know any of her information except her name and birthday I know what city she lives in but not address or phone number.How do I proceed with divorce I just want it over with

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No filing online

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want her out of my life she's ruined my credit getting stuff in my name I just want it over

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Sean K, Family Law Attorney replied 4 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

I am happy to help. Question for you - do you have children with your spouse?

No
Cant afford 59.00 just paid over 200 already dont have it

SO in reality it is pretty simple. I can provide you, at no charge, some links to resources and forms that will allow you to complete paperwork to be filed with the Court to initiate a divorce. Texas has a procedure for, once permission is granted (and it is a straightforward process to obtain this), to have a spouse whose location is not known, served via a publication in a newspaper. Once notice runs, usually less than a month, you are able to obtain a hearing and have a divorce granted even without your spouse there.

Here is a link to the divorce forms for a no child divorce and here are the forms for providing notice via publication.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.

Thanks this site just took my money and hasn't told me anything I didn't know already

You can still ask me questions under this thread and I am happy to help...

I just want this so called marriage over with tired of being dragged down

Let me know if you have other questions.