Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a 5 year old son I've been going through a custody…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 5 year old son I've been going through a custody battle with the father since my son was 13 and a half months he took me to court to father because I wanted to go home to be with my family all the father and I was never married he was not on the birth certificate he was just supposed to be in the surrogate father for my partner and I Maine laws we were going to court for all these years my son is closed so he cry out for help about being sexually abused by his father I seek help I went to a physician I got them into therapy I even had a protective order because the father made threats to my son when he would drop them off at school that he would kill my younger son and so in the Sun that was being abused I'm only share one selling with this man the five-year-old what I need help with is trying to figure out after the CPS investigate I did a home visit drug test on both everything I didn't sign anything problem is and I was always allowed in the father get this until the sexual abuse occurred by the father there was a forensics Assessment Center my son didn't disclose anything I had a protective order in place that means I thought it was not supposed to contact my son even at school the school allowed my son to speak with him the night before the assessment was to take place the father knew about the assessment the father also came to the assessment center the same day I'm sure that has something to do with my son didn't open up I'm really in need of a lawyer to lawyer I hadn't helped me out I'm really desperate for a lawyer the lawyer even allow this man to have so many days in the summer 50 days and seven witches outside of guidelines in the man was tested positive before for marijuana I really need your help can you please give me some advice thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Some of these words are typos I noticed that and that's due to that me using a microphone it's just easier for me to get my thoughts out that way

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

This is in Houston Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I tried to send him to another therapist even the school board I try to get a recording to the CPS officer the officer said she's not going to she refused to take it she said anything that comes now will be closed down and I'm trying to figure out what do I just allow this man than to be in my son's life as he is sexually abusing him and have my son be all traumatized and or what should I do I'm really confused the therapist thought about going on to the news because we really are don't have any help at this point

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 3 days by:
3/14/2018
Family Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need assistance.
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If he is being sexually abused, he needs to explain that to the therapist and CPS and that is the first thing that needs to happen.

However, I am not quite sure I understand your specific question for us after I read everything you posted above. Can you please explain?