Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Paid alimony and child support year. At the end of year

Customer Question
recalculated payments as per agreed...
Paid alimony and child support year. At the end of year recalculated payments as per agreed up on percentage of alimony payments. Due to payroll cutoff dates and severance payments, about $2500 was paid in excess. Ex is refusing to pay it back or adjust for payments following year. How to get back the excess paid and how to avoid the issue next year?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Sean K, Family Law Attorney replied 6 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Family Law Attorney

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

So let me ask this in an effort to address a resolution to your situation. What does your decree or Order address as far as recalculation of payments goes?