Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

To be clear, is it true that even if the Judge chose not to…

Customer Question
To be clear, is it...
To be clear, is it true that even if the Judge chose not to terminate the biological father's parental rights and ordered the social worker to work on reunifying the father with our 2 year old granddaughter who we have been kinship/adopt foster parents for 1 year, could we still apply for custody in the same Lehigh County Court and would our case be seen by a Master? We are concerned for our granddaughter's safety as the father has only been out of rehab for 4 months and we are not sure that he is sincere or able to stay off of heroin.
Sincerely,
David and Denise Myers
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney replied 3 months ago
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Family Law Attorney

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you.

If the Court ordered reunification as the case goal I doubt that any change of custody application would be granted. After a reasonable period of time, if the father has not made any progress toward reunification then it would be more likely.

I suggest you speak with the social works at the child protection agency about your options.

Do you have further questions?

Do you have further questions?