Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

DHS is filing for guardionship for my mother which I have…

Customer Question
DHS is filing for...

DHS is filing for guardionship for my mother which I have been caregiver for the last year. Social Security is taking money from my check to live here. Can the guardian have me evicted even though I am disabled and homeless due to caring for her

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Illinois.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Court has been set for March 16th.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brothers feel she was fine to be left alone at age 93 and broke her ankle when I was planning to move to Ariz. They have turned me into Dept. of Aging with constant visits and finding the only thing I did wrong was have chains on doors. I have lost anywhere to live now and substancial amount of funds to move now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Could you clarify?

What did you mean by "Social Security is taking money from my check to live here?"

Why are you being evicted?

Thank you for your cooperation.