Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am on prescribed Vicodin(Opioid), Valium(Benzo) and Prozac…

I am on prescribed Vicodin(Opioid)...
I am on prescribed Vicodin(Opioid), Valium(Benzo) and Prozac (SSRI). I live for my children, one who went to Heaven a short time ago because of an incurable disease. CYF in Pittsburgh showed up at my door March 2, 2018 and said they had a call that I am on too many drugs. I showed them on the spot a blood test from February 28(2 days earlier) that said i am on nothing but what I am prescribed, btw very light doses. That said on March 7 they ask me to come to the jail/courthouse for a urine drug screen and because of my physical and emotional disabilities I can barely produce any sample but they ultimately say that i show I am on an opioid(which I am), Benzo(which I am) but also say Oxycodone when i am on Vicodin(hydrocodone). and Oxycodone is a opiate which again I am prescribed. Finally as part of their investigation to include release forms and another home interview with my entire family and the new caseworker said we are still collecting data but we may have you put in a treatment plan and/or random drug screens. I HAVE NEVER TAKEN OXYCODONE but they have my wife and me crazy saying they may take my kids if i don't agree to their recommendations when the investigation is complete. I live in a beautiful house, my kids are thriving and all releases will come back as such. how do I get CYF to close the case? they said they are sending my sample to a confirmatory test but i don't have much confidence in them because 4 people handled my sample. and i offered on the spot to go for another blood test again how do i get CYF to close this case? Thank you
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties. My deepest sympathies for your loss.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Unfortunately, the case would be closed only after CYF is done with the investigations and on CYF's schedule. However, if CYF attempts to take away your children because of your disagreement over a drug test, then you need to file Emergency Motion with the Court to stop CYF from taking the action. The Court is the ultimate decisionmaker in the case. The Motion would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court makes forms available online.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law