Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I want to know about an appeal. I recently am going through…

Customer Question
I want to know about...
I want to know about an appeal. I recently am going through a divorce where the husband file for temporary support and although he is the dominate provider. And the evidence on his tax returns reflected such. And I have been unemployed due to medical injuries, the judge imputed my 2016 income and used his 2017 income for child support payments. Making me liable for child support although he made more than I in both years. But since he used different income years I made more in 2016 as it reflected his 2017 returns. The judges justification is that I am a nurse and can make that income. Which is unfair because he has a good job working, and the fact that one person was imputed on the previous year verses the other party income being looked at this current year. I need some advice.Eva
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/10/2018
Family Lawyer: DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Divorce Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today - Do you have your most recent tax return that will show your new adjusted income? Do you have documentations about your medical injuries?

the judge saw my current income on my taxes as well as proof of my medical injuries. But still imputed income.

Thank you for the information - what specifically can I help you with?