Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am under judge orders concerning my six year old daughter…

Customer Question
I am under judge...

I am under judge Browns orders concerning my six year old daughter and her mother. This evening I advised her on Thursday at 5 and I was going to be late picking my daughter up it's 7:30 it's supposed to the regular regular 5:30 at 7:30 she would not let me see my daughter. She said they had left town and then I would get her back on Saturday at 1. I went by her house at 9 and my daughter are there. I asked her if I can have my daughter. She is in violation of the order and should be held in contempt

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Sc

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I have an attorney. We are scheduled for mediation in May. I asked asked her if I could pick up my daughter at 9 last night and she said no that I can pick her up at 1 tomorrow. I said you're not supposed to schedule things during my time. She told me to leave her house which I did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can she be held in contempt of court for these actions? Should I call the authorities to get my daughter tomorrow morning?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley
You can try to do that. She is clearly in contempt and you can try to see if the police will help you. They may very well tell you it is s civil matter and tell you to go to court and file for contempt but it is worth a try to see if they will help you.
Ely, Counselor at Law