Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a question about DCPP. Nj. A neighbor filed a report…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about DCPP

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a neighbor filed a report of false information and DCPP came to my house today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do your lawyers have experience in family law?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
3/9/2018
Family Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

i just want to know if i can refuse a drug test. the DCPP worker said i had to submit a urine and hair follicle test. i agreed for now but i want to know what they can do if i refuse the test
Why are they asking you to submit to a drug test - and is there a court order stating that you need to submit to one?
They are asking me to take a drug test because my neighbors accused me of using drugs. There is no court order at this yime
Family Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

You have the absolute right under the Fifth Amendment to The Constitution of the United States to refuse the tests. Tell the DCPP person not to come to your home or enter your property again without a warrant or court order. Then, if they press the issue, contact a local attorney.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.